Prognosis of urinary tract infection caused by KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae: the impact of inappropriate empirical treatment
There is scarce information on the prognosis of urinary tract infections (UTI) caused by KPC carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae (KPC-Kp).
This is a retrospective observational study of hospitalized patients with urinary tract infections due to K. pneumoniae. We explored clinical failure at day 21 and 30-day all-cause mortality using different models of adjusted analysis.
KPC-Kp UTI is associated with higher clinical failure and may be due to an increase in inappropriate empirical treatment.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)