FDI experts publish guidance on antibiotic stewardship in dentistry
FDI experts Dr Susie Sanderson OBE and Professor David Williams recently authored a piece on the need for global guidance on antibiotic stewardship in dentistry. The article is published in AMR Control, the leading annual review on antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
The authors assert that dentists should be involved in the development and implementation of national action plans to counter antibiotic resistance, as they prescribe almost 10% of all antibiotics. They say that to optimize the use of antibiotics in dentistry, there needs to be global attention on stewardship policies that are achievable and consistently disseminated.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)