Cumulative antimicrobial susceptibility and resistance patterns in a private hospital in Sri Lanka
These data of AMR patterns in a private hospital of Sri Lanka would not represent whole population. However it is noted during last three years the antimicrobial resistance is gradually increasing for most of the agents.
Important points for all prescribers:
- Do not treat viral infections with antibiotics and do adequate tests to exclude. Most bacterial infections are self limiting.
- Use systematic sepsis assessment scores and evidence based policies and guidelines to use antibiotics.
- Devoid of polypharmacy. In life threatening severe sepsis early and suitable antibiotics are essential.
- Do not use prophylactics without guidance. When antibiotics are indicated for an established diagnosis, assure adequate doses, duration and adequate serum concentration and the concentration to the site of infection.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing