Antibiotic resistance rising among dolphins, study reveals
Antibiotic resistance is rising in dolphins, researchers have said, mirroring the trend seen in humans.
Scientists examined disease-causing organisms, or pathogens, found in samples from the blowholes, gastric fluid and faeces of bottlenose dolphins from the Indian River Lagoon in Florida. The samples were collected between 2003 and 2015.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)