WHO Western Pacific steps up efforts to fight antimicrobial resistance
The health leaders from World Health Organization (WHO) in the Western Pacific region endorsed on Thursday an action plan to fight antimicrobial resistance (AMR), in response to the growing threat to health and development posed by infections that have become resistant to treatment.
According to a statement, delegates recognized that efforts to combat AMR need to be stepped up, as so-called superbugs – bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi that have become resistant to treatment – pose an ever-greater threat to the future.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)