MMDx™: SepsiTest™-UMD and Micro-Dx™
Molzym has developed a unique culture-independent broad-range approach to identify bacteria and fungi directly from clinical samples, enabling every lab to provide clinically relevant information especially in cases of culture-negative samples.
– High positivity in culture-negative samples, increasing the diagnostic capacity of the lab
– Ability to detect common, but also fastidious or non-growing microbes and pathogens in samples from patients already receiving antimicrobial therapy.
– The rapid identification of pathogens even in culture-negative samples helps to make early decisions on the use or adjustment of antimicrobial therapy (from broad-spectrum to narrow-spectrum therapy or even discontinuation of antibiotics).
- Microbial diagnostics
- Infection prevention
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Antimicrobial compound/strategy
- Removal antibiotics/bacteria
- Marketed product
- Market entry
- Joint Venture
- OTHER / NA
Infectious disease area:
- North America
- South America
We, at Molzym, develop, manufacture and market highly innovative products for molecular biological research and the broad-range diagnosis of infectious diseases. Our high-quality products are used worldwide by renowned hospitals, laboratories and universities for the rapid, accurate and efficient identification of bacteria and fungi from body fluids, tissue samples and swabs.
With our unique patented and automated MolYsis™ host DNA depletion technology, our CE IVD-marked molecular diagnostic solutions and our ultra-clean PCR reagents and assays, we are one of the leading providers of broad-range solutions for the molecular detection and identification of common as well as rare and fastidious microorganisms – directly from samples.
MolYsis™ – Host DNA Depletion:
Microbial DNA is severely outnumbered by host DNA in complex human or animal samples.
With MolYsis™, host cells are selectively lysed and up to 99% of host DNA is depleted. In a second lysis step, intact bacteria and fungi cells are lysed and the microbial DNA is purified. The workflow can be performed manually or fully automated.
The improved microbial to host DNA ratio ensures highest sensitivities for subsequent NGS, PCR and
other molecular methods.