Superbugs should be entered as a cause of death on death certificates, say experts
Antibiotic resistance should be listed as a cause of death on official certificates, one of Britain’s leading experts on superbugs has said.
Lord Jim O’Neill, a former Goldman Sachs economist and chair of the Chatham House think tank, told a conference in London – also attended by former Chief Medical Officer Dame Sally Davies – that the move would help raise awareness of the growing superbug crisis.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)