Roadmap for action on antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
AMR can only be addressed through a multi-disciplinary approach, integrating human and animal health as well as environmental perspectives. EU and national decision-makers must therefore adopt a true ‘One Health’ approach in their actions to tackle AMR, requiring better coordination between Member State Ministries, Commission Directorates, EU agencies and European Parliament Committees.
5 key strategies and targets to tackle AMR
The signatories of this Roadmap call for the implementation of 5 key strategies and targets to tackle AMR:
- Set targets and performance indicators
- Help countries mobilise resources for better implementation of national AMR policies
- Close the existing collaboration gap between civil society and EU policy-makers
- Put prevention at the heart of AMR policy-making
- Tackle the environmental dimension of AMR in the framework of the European Green Deal
Global Ambassador Network
Welcome at the AMR Insights Ambassador Network!
The AMR Insights Ambassador Network is a growing, distinctive group of professionals who stand out for their commitment, willingness to cooperate and open attitude to combat Antimicrobial resistance (AMR).