Hospitals on alert after superbug outbreak in Tuscany
The antibiotic-resistant killer has shown “significant diffusion in the northwestern area of Tuscany” since November 2018, infecting at least 75 people, local health authority ARS said.
The bacterial disease is believed to have killed at least 31 people in 17 different hospitals since then, Italian media reported Thursday.
More than 31 cases were reported in Pisa, home to the famous leaning tower.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)