Businesses like Westfield Farms have role to play in fighting antimicrobial resistance
The threat of antimicrobial resistance [AMR] is a well-documented challenge of these times, and swift reduction in antibiotic usage is one of many efforts to tackle the issue, in order to render it less likely that harmful bacteria is exposed to antibiotics and can, therefore, develop resistance to them.
The decline in antibiotic usage is largely down to a commitment from the UK’s food, farming and veterinary sectors to focus on disease control and prevention, and the extent of the falling numbers was confirmed in the annual Veterinary Antibiotic Resistance Sales and Surveillance [VARSS] report published at the time.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)