An update on the fight against antimicrobial resistance
The response to AMR has been spearheaded through the One Health Global Action Plan, developed by WHO in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
The 5 objectives of the Global Action Plan on AMR are to:
1. improve awareness and understanding of AMR communication, education and training
2. strengthen the knowledge and evidence base through surveillance and research
3: reduce the incidence of infection through effective sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention measures
4: optimize the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health
5: develop the economic case for sustainable investment that takes account of the needs of all countries, and increase investment in new medicines, diagnostic tools, vaccines and other interventions.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing