World Anti-Microbial Resistance Congress 2019
Washington DC (USA)
Maarten van Dongen to moderate the ‘Pitch and Partner’ sessions.
Launched during the release of key reports such as the AMR Review and A Scientific Roadmap for Antibiotic Discovery, the World AMR Congress has brought attention to the threats of this emerging crisis to the global healthcare system.
The conference gathers global leaders in infectious diseases to meet, brainstorm and discuss the challenges and opportunities on seven topic areas:
- Antibiotic R&D: advancing the development of antibiotic and non-traditional therapies and improving commercialization strategies
- Diagnostics: innovating the development and deployment of rapid diagnostics tests, while ensuring an effective integration into hospitals’ workflow and reimbursement
- Antimicrobial stewardship: using technology to improve antibiotic prescription, monitoring and surveillance while advancing stewardship-based purchasing guidelines
- Pitch & Partner: joining funding and partnerships with antibiotics and diagnostics innovation
- Infection Control: advancing policies to improve infection prevention, control and compliance in healthcare facilities
- Manufacturing: overcoming challenges for a sustainable and controlled antibiotic manufacturing and supply chain
- Vaccines: discussing the clinical and economic value of vaccines to combat AMR