Save the date: 5 June 2019
International Matchmaking Symposium ‘Advancing Data Technologies to corner AMR 2019’.
Antimicrobial resistance or AMR is one of the biggest global threats to health and food safety (source: WHO).
The main solutions to AMR may come from:
- Improved global surveillance / prevention of infectious diseases
- Improved antibiotic stewardship
- Novel and improved microbial diagnostics
- Novel antibiotics and alternatives treatments
Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Internet of Things play an increasingly vital role to strengthen these actionlines both within Scientific Research, Drug Development, Healthcare, Animal Care, the Food as well as the Meat and Dairy sector in developed and developing countries.
The International Matchmaking Symposium ‘Advancing Data Technologies to corner AMR 2019’ will focus on Data Technology contibutions and solutions to be provided by universities and research institutes, start-up’s, SME’s and multinational IT companies. Contributions and solutions will be considered from the perspective of Governing bodies such as National Authorities, Ministries and Supervisory Organisations, Agencies of the United Nations and NGO’s.
The program will offer Plenary and Parallel sessions, Matchmaking sessions, Round Table discusions, Infomarket and extensive Networking possibilities.
Topics to be covered include:
- AMR global threat to Health and Food Safety
- Anticipated solutions to curb AMR (see above)
- Expectations AI, BC and IoT in relation to AMR
- Specific Data Technology challenges related to AMR:
- Semantics: domains modelling, ontology and standardization of vocabulary
- Interoperability: data models, linked and open data, federated platforms
- Digital ecosystems: governance, management of open standards
- Mass communication and interpersonal communication technology
- Emerging Data Technology applications in AMR: university and company presentations
- Contributions of innovative AI platforms like IBM/Watson, Microsoft Azure, Infosys Nia
Date: 5 June 2019
Location: The Netherlands
Time: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
For more information (lectures, sponsoring, participation infomarket etc) please contact:
Maarten van Dongen (firstname.lastname@example.org / +31(0)65 155 8068)