BactiVac: Catalyst Pump-Priming Projects
30 March 2022
Catalyst funding for pump-priming projects is available to support collaborations between Network members in bacterial vaccinology to explore new approaches and strategies to advance their vaccines in partnership with LMICs and industry, and acquire the data to support substantive funding applications.
The catalyst funds are flexible, typically up to £50,000 and expect to provide deliverables within 6 months post-award. This catalyst funding scheme prioritise projects that:
- Facilitate onward progression of bacterial vaccines along the pipeline to licensure
- Offer robust solutions to overcome the difficult preclinical to clinical transition
- Advance the ability to tackle the global challenge of antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Involve BactiVac partnerships, particularly new partnerships, with a long-term work plan
- Include LMICs and/or industrial partners
- Demonstrate a clear pathway to impact
- Have realistic plans in place to demonstrate intellectual property (IP) has been considered
- Include plans for achieving further substantive funding at the end of the project
Further reading: BactiVac
Author(s): BactiVacSmart Innovations
Global Ambassador Network
Welcome at the AMR Insights Ambassador Network!
More information and free-of-charge registration
The AMR Insights Ambassador Network is a growing, distinctive group of professionals who stand out for their commitment, willingness to cooperate and open attitude to combat Antimicrobial resistance (AMR).