Superbugs Deadlier Than Cancer Put Chemotherapy Into Question
Doctors in India are sounding the alarm over a threat to cancer patients that’s proving deadlier than tumors: untreatable infections from superbugs impervious to existing medications.
Patients undergoing chemotherapy in the country are at the front line of the worldwide spread of bacteria that the most potent antibiotics can’t fight. Bloodstream infections caused by these superbugs have become the leading cause of illness and death in leukemia patients, doctors from India’s top-ranked medical college reported last year.
Display your AMR technology / product:
Global AMR Technologies Database
- Preventive – Diagnostic – Antimicrobial technologies
- Academia – Research Institutes – Start ups – SMEs – Multinationals
- Early research <-> near market (max 5)
- Global reach for funding / co-development / licensing
- No costs (until year end 2019)
Festive Launch Database 19 Nov Symposium Dinner ‘Emerging Antimicrobials and Diagnostics in AMR 2019‘
Click to join the Symposium Dinner (to join the Symposium separate registration obligatory)